Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Swan Lake

When I was a little girl my mom took my sister and me to see the Eugene Ballet Company perform Swan Lake. I remember loving it, and I'm sure it inspired me to be a better ballerina. Last month, I learned that the very same ballet company would be performing the very same ballet just 10 miles from my house. I considered how much fun it would be to go and take Chloë, but I decided that surely a 2 1/2-year-old wouldn't be interested in a ballet for almost 3 hours. But when an acquaintance said she had a couple of extra tickets that she wanted someone to use, I figured we could give it a try.
So Chloë put on her black tights and little pink tule skirt that looks a lot like a tutu, and we went to the ballet!

We found our seats and settled down.
I asked her how excited she was for the ballet to begin.
And then it began! 
I didn't think it was possible, but she sat so still for almost three hours.  I'm sure the two intermissions helped with her attention span, but she was completely mesmerized.


It was really special.  We'll have to do it again and take Elaina next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment