Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Easter Eggs

We dyed Easter eggs on Sunday.  Lots, and lots... and lots of Easter eggs.

Chloë thought it was amazing. This photo is a bit washed out, but here she is proudly showing off her PINK Easter Egg! 
I showed her how to gently lower the eggs into the mugs of dye.

We hard boiled about 4 dozen eggs, and when those were all dyed, we decided to move on to the raw eggs. Why not? So we ended up dying another 4 dozen. And not just ker-plopping them in the dye and letting them sit for a few minutes. Oh no. We had to let our creative juices flow. And flow they did.
We got out the crayons and got creative.
I poked some holes in a few raw eggs and emptied them, and then dyed the shells.
We got out some rubber bands and little hole-punch reinforcement ring stickers, and Bryan came up with this very creative minion. 
And I discovered that the reinforment rings make a really cute owl!
I'm pretty sure that Laura dyed about half of the eggs.
I used masking tape to tape off most of the egg in segments so I could make a rainbow egg.  I think I spent about a half an hour on this thing.
I slowly lowered some eggs into the dye to make ombre eggs!
It was a lot of colorful fun.

Just in case you were wondering, I added the blown eggs to my others, and put them on my mantle for a little Easter cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment