Sunday, July 31, 2011

Five Years Ago

I had a blog back when I was in college. It was pretty boring, and mostly just my lame ramblings, but the last post I wrote was about the day I became engaged. Five years ago today. I'm so glad I said yes. Or, to quote myself, "of course, you goose."

Here are a few of our engagement pictures, taken by none other than my sister, the fabulous Katie Botkin.


(We sent this one out with our wedding invitations.)









This last one was actually from the day after we got engaged, I think. Ah, we were such kids.

I am so grateful that I met this man. It didn't take me long to realize he was a wonderful guy, and only a few months later I started wondering what it would be like to spend the rest of my life with him. Here's the time line:

October 31st, 2004: We met. We became friends immediately.
February 2005: We both started realizing that feelings were perhaps, growing.
The end of June 2005: The first time he ever said "I love you."
December 13, 2005: We (finally) started courting/dating.
July 31, 2006: He asked me to be his wife. I said yes.
November 18, 2006: We got married.

So far, it's been the most crazy, fun, amazing adventure of my life. I love you, Babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment