Saturday, July 2, 2011

Baby #2

We had our first ultrasound last week, and got to see our tiny little baby. The baby measured exactly 8 weeks along (due February 1st!), which means we're 9 weeks and 2 days today.

Our beautiful little child, about the size and shape of a teddy gram.


The amazing tiny heart was galloping along at 165 bmp. The flickering lines on the left part of the picture are the sound waves of the heart beat. What an amazing little miracle.


The sideways heart is the yolk sac, and the baby is at a good profile with little arm and leg nubs sticking out. We were so happy to see our tiny little child strong and healthy.

I had a really rough day on Monday, with a full forced migraine that I'd been trying to avoid all weekend. Combined with some wicked morning sickness, I was pretty miserable all day. I am so thankful that we have such wonderful family that can help take care of Chloë when I'm bed ridden with pain. After Bryan got home from work, he spent his birthday evening taking care of her. I was a bit concerned with my hydration since I hadn't kept anything down the whole day, but my pulse was good, so I tried not to worry. I woke up feeling semi-human the next day, and have slowly been recovering, and feeling surprisingly well.

I started my old trick of taking a half of a Unisom at night (one of the very few medications approved safe for pregnancy), and it helps me get a good night sleep. The best part is that it really takes the edge off the morning sickness. I feel so much better than I did at this point with my first pregnancy. Still somewhat nauseated, but not constantly throwing up. So thank you all for your prayers. Keep them up. God is good.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, I love this post, Bess. Thanks for showing pics of Baby Bean. He might look a little blurry in the picture, but I can already tell he's gonna be cute. ("he," because I've got my money on a boy). ;) Glad you're feeling better, pretty mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Baby!!! Sorry about the beginning of your week...I still think that not working will make this time around a lot easier :) Love you lots! let me know if you need ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete