Thursday, December 19, 2013

Bacon Chocolate

A few weeks ago, I was browsing Pinterest, and saw a nice little article with some fun suggestions for stocking stuffers for the man in your life.  Some good ideas.  Some things I've gone before.  Then a link to buy Bacon Chocolate bars.

For 12 bucks a piece.

Noooo thanks.  For half that price, I figured I could make a whole tray of bacon bars.  So I did.

I baked up some bacon, and then cut it into tiny pieces.

Then I spread a layer of chocolate chips on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.

I popped the tray in the warm oven for a few minutes until the chocolate chips were melty, and then I spread it all together, and sprinkled my bacon on top of it.

When it was aaaaalmost cool, I scored it into bars, and then let it finish cooling.

Then I cut up a bunch of aluminum foil, and wrapped up a whole pile of my very own bacon chocolate bars.

All ready for stockings on Christmas Eve!

2 comments:

  1. So how did it taste? And what was the texture like? Totally curious. :)
    We did chocolate covered bacon strips one time, and weren't all that thrilled... but maybe it was the ratio of chocolate to bacon that wasn't quite right...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually wasn't too bad, Melissa. I'm a fan of semi-sweet chocolate, so it was hard to go wrong with chocolate chips. At first I thought the bacon flavor was actually too subtle, but then I realized the subtleness was part of the success. I think in general, they were more of a hit with the men folk. Not sure if this would be something regularly eaten, but fun as a novelty. ;)

      Delete