Saturday, September 18, 2010

The first sweater

While I was watching Ali speed-knit yet another adorable sweater at our last craft night, I thought, hey, I could do that... except crochet. I'd spent some time looking for a cute, inexpensive cardigan for Chloë to wear with some of her dresses now that Fall is upon us. The problem was, I didn't have a pattern and I had no clue what I was doing. So I chained a long strand, eyeballed it, figured it look like a good start for a neck line, and kept going.


Part way through, wondering if I had made it big enough.


I decided I wanted some cute little flowers to go on it, so I came up with these.


The finished product! I had to re-do the sleeves a couple of time to figure out the proper amount of tapering. But I think it's adorable on her. The only problem is that it barely fits her. So I guess I'll just have to make her another one.


Here's my very own supermodel baby modeling her favorite new sweater.

2 comments:

  1. Bess! I love it! Good job. Now.... you can do anything! :) haha.

    ReplyDelete