Monday, November 21, 2011

Five Years

Friday marked our five year wedding anniversary! To celebrate, we drove to Coeur d'Alene and went to a fabulous bed and breakfast, The Greenbriar Inn. It was the first time we'd ever left Chloë overnight, but Bryan's parents said she couldn't have been happier for the 28 hours we were away. I don't think I'd been away from my little girl for more than about 6 hours, so I really missed her. But we had a great little trip, despite the winter storm warnings and snow on the roads. Having an all-wheel-drive vehicle makes it soo much easier to drive on bad roads. We hit up Starbucks "happy hour" both days (it is a real splurge for us to spend money on fancy coffee), and ate some wonderful food. The on-site restaurant, 315 Tapas, was fabulous. I actually ate so much good food that my body, um, protested. On Saturday we did some shopping, had lunch, got more coffee, and drove home. I was so excited to pick up Chloë at her grandparent's house. She was so happy to see us, and hugged me, put her head on my shoulder, and patted my back for several minutes. She periodically lifted her head up and stroked my face, saying "Maaama." It was so sweet.

Last year, I wrote a little post about the day we got married.

I know I've been slacking a bit on the blog, but I've been fighting an usual amount of migraines (including 4 separate days that had complex migraine symptoms; really unusual for me). I can't figure out why they've been so bad, but the last few days have been good, and I somehow escaped major pain during our trip. So I've done a lot of resting and watching Chloë play.

Now I've been trying to catch up on regular chores and housework. I've started a few Christmas projects, but haven't gotten as much of a head-start as I was hoping. I've almost finished crocheting a baby blanket for Baby #2, but realized I can finish it in January, when the Christmas craziness has passed. Right now we're gearing up to have a house-full for Thanksgiving. My whole family will be here ("here" being my house and my parents' house next door), along with Katie's boyfriend Louis, Daniel's girlfriend Sophie, and all of the Ewers clan, which now adds up to 10. It will be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment