Thursday, November 18, 2010

Four Years Ago

I was nervous and excited and eager. But I knew, I knew this was the man I was created to spend the rest of my life with. Four years ago today, Bryan and I were married on a cold crisp evening, in an auditorium framed with stained glass, on the campus where we met, went on late night walks, and said our first "I love you"s. My father, an excellent writer, described that day beautifully here, and here, and again here.

I am so blessed to be married to this wonderful man. Every year I reflect on how much stronger our marriage is, and how much more I love and respect him. Although we have made an effort to not be so mushy and gushy and grossing out our friends with our public displays of affections, I have to say that I am more madly in love than I thought humanly possible.

In the last four years, God has blessed me with every thing I have ever longed for, hoped for, and dreamed of: A handsome, loving, God-fearing husband with a job that he loves, becoming (and retiring from being) a nurse, traveling abroad, a beautiful house with big trees and a fire place, wonderful friends and amazing family and in-laws, a beautiful and healthy child, and a sound mind and healthy body.

How amazing God's Grace to bless me so richly.









No comments:

Post a Comment