Monday, October 31, 2011

My Little Lamb

Happy All Hallows' Eve! Happy Reformation Day!

As the 31st of October approached, I had no great ideas for what I should dress Chloë as for our church's Fall Carnival, as well as for a little trick-or-treating downtown. I felt like last year's merbaby was so epic, it would be impossible to even come close. But a few days ago, I had the idea to make a sheep costume. So I sewed some batting on to a onesie, cut and glued some felt into ears and made them into hair clips, and bought a black turtle neck. With black tights and boots, voila, I had my very own little lamb.


I think my favorite part is her little tail. So cute.

Yesterday, before the Fall Carnival. "Chloë, what sound does a sheep make?"

"BAAAAAAA!!!"

She really enjoyed bleating.


Here we are with Ali and Sam at at our church's Fall Carnival yesterday, sitting in front of the judges for the 0-3 age category. There were some fabulous costumes. I didn't hear who won 1st place, but Abra's son Jude (in a great Mr. T costume) won 2nd, I believe. (Personally, I think Ali's sock monkey costume should have won 1st place. She did a pretty fabulous job knitting it, and really, it was perfect.)



This afternoon, before we went downtown to do some trick-or-treating.

I'm guessing I might retire to buying costumes next year. I don't know how much time I'll have to sit around sewing with two kids on my hands.

1 comment:

  1. I love her bleating! Phoebe is much more sedate about her sheep noises - she does a barely audible "bababa". Chloe is a very enthusiastic lamb!

    ReplyDelete