Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I Love My Girls

I love spending time with them; playing, laughing, running, talking, reading, singing. And so I try to avoid spending too much time on this silly computer; shopping, price comparing, planning, buying, reading, networking, and blogging. I always have at least five firefox tabs open, usually including email, facebook, a new recipe to try, and maybe an inspiring blog post someone wrote about how simple in can be to be a good mom: Spend time with your kids. Play with them. Love them. Hug them. Read to them. Let them help you with the laundry, dishes, baking and sweeping, even though it takes twice as long.

I know this. I love to do this.

But it is easy to get on the computer "just for five minutes" and suddenly I'm starting a blog post, comparing prices on diapers, planning a party for next week, browsing craigslist, looking for a rental car for our trip next month, and checking email and facebook.

I don't want to give up on this blog entirely, but it's certainly not my top priority. Blogging about how wonderful my life is means nothing if I don't live it.

So here I am, getting off the computer, so we can all go outside and play and water the new grass that we planted on Saturday. I'll carry Elaina in the Bjorn, and Chloë will run around, getting wet and muddy.

This is why my life is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment