Saturday, June 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Party

I spent a silly amount of time collecting schedules from all of Chloë's grandparents, aunts, and uncles, trying to find the perfect day where everyone would be available.  I just needed to find ONE DAY in the month of June so I could throw a birthday party for Chloë.  Well.  No such luck.  So I settled on having two parties.  Plus a little party on her actual birthday.  So three parties for the three-year-old, we decided.  She didn't seem too torn up about it.

So a couple of weeks ago we had the Blakey Chloë Birthday Party.  It was still a week before her birthday, but she understood that she wasn't actually 3 yet.  If someone wished her a happy birthday, she was quick to correct them.  "It's not my birthday," she would say, very seriously.  So we started wishing her a happy birthday party, which went over much better.

The weather was perfect, so we had a BBQ outside.  At the last minute, I decided to go with a  sprinkles theme.  She had, after all, asked for a cake with sprinkles.  So I pulled out every color streamer and balloon that I had in my party box.

Her birthday outfit just happened to work perfectly.

Elaina is already tired of hotdogs and hamburgers.

So excited about her princess balllon. 

Happy Birthday Party!
(I even put sprinkles on the vanilla ice cream.)

Besides the cake with sprinkles, she wanted "dress-ups" for her birthday.  She got lots of good dress ups, but she especially had a lot of fun trying on the different hats and accessories.

Elaina worked on her cake for a long time.  This kid loves sugar.

I think it was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment