Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snow Day

It's really been more of a snow week. We've been getting a few inches every day, and I was pleasantly surprised that we didn't get the predicted eight inches today. Just two or three. But then it stopped snowing, the sun came out, and I bundled up to do some shoveling.

A couple of days ago, I strapped Chloë on in a Moby Wrap so I could go out and shovel. It's a good enough work out shoveling snow without a baby strapped to your front. So yesterday, I managed to sneak outside while she was taking a nap. Today, I had a better idea. Put her in her snow suit that is a little large, and see how she does in a big plastic storage bin. Not too shabby.

Wonder and joy, I think.



She liked touching the snow.



And eating it, too.


Cold though, I think. She was very disappointed when I pulled her away from the fresh powder.


We even tried just playing on the sidewalk for a bit.


I got most of the driveway shoveled before she started getting fussy. Too bright, maybe. I wish I could say we came inside and had hot chocolate. Maybe next year.

1 comment:

  1. This sequence made me laugh out loud. She looks like a baby seal in that photo of her on the sidewalk. WHAT a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete