Saturday, April 3, 2010

Third Trimester


Week 29. The pregnancy books say she must be about 17 inches tall, and weigh almost 3 pounds. She must be getting a little cramped in there. It seems like her movements aren't quite as karate-like as they used to be (not as much elbow room for a wind up, I guess), but when she decides it is time for dancing, B and I can't help but laugh at how strange my belly looks squirming and jumping around. Almost every night when I go to bed, she decides it's time practice her epic dance moves, and often wakes me up in the middle of the night. She got hiccups for the first time last week, and still makes me jump with her sudden movements, and I think she found my ribs with her toes for the first time yesterday.

I keep hoping that some of the inconveniences of being pregnant will slowly resolve... but I guess my body just isn't very fond of building another. The morning sickness has improved since the first trimester, but certainly still lingers. Some days I eat very well, with lots of fruits and veggies and proteins. And then there are the days when cereal and potato chips make up most of my caloric intake. I can't seem to go more than a couple of days without throwing up. And the less room I have in there, the worse it seems to get. The same goes for the heartburn. I haven't been able to sleep lying flat for several weeks now. It doesn't seem to matter what or how I eat... I can have a bowl of cheerios and be miserable for hours. And then there's the restless legs, the unbelievably sore neck and back, the muscle twitching, the headaches and migraines, the calf cramps, the sore tongue, the veins everywhere along with many new spider angiomas, the dizziness, and the general fatigue... I really don't think my body enjoys this process very much. Thankfully some days are better than others, and I haven't turned into a complete couch potato. And I know that all of this will just be a faint memory when we finally get to hold her in our arms.

1 comment:

  1. The end result is worth every ache and pain as you already seem to know. :)

    ReplyDelete