Friday, April 23, 2010

8 weeks left


Here I am at week 32. And starting to feel quite huge.

I've had a rough last couple of weeks, I think due in large part to a nasty little virus that decided to invade my body. I actually lost a couple of pounds, but have gained them back and have really started paying attention to what I eat. My appetite is pathetic, and I'm trying to make sure I don't just live off of cereal (there have been days where four or five bowls of cereal is all I've eaten). I've been forcing myself to eat things like protein bars, and adding protein powder to my smoothies, and even consuming strange things like quinoa. I know our Little Girl is growing rapidly (the books say she is about 19" long and almost 4 pounds) because my abdomen doesn't have any room left. She likes to get a foot up under my ribs, and I'm still surprised at how far to my side she kicks. And I can't really bend over to put my socks on any more.

8 weeks left, give or take. I think I can do this.

2 comments:

  1. you two are amazing. It is a duet, your part forte, hers pianissimo cressendoing to pianoforte. harmonies and melodies, dissonance and resonance, meticulous compliance and a bit of improv; the universe is listening and is compelled to dance.

    ReplyDelete