Monday, September 17, 2012

The Fair

I love going to our little county fair. Every year, I head straight for the elephant ear booth. My parents and sister were in town, and we devoured three elephant ears while we sat in the grass and listened to the band on stage perform music from the 70s.


Then we looked at all of the animals. Elaina wasn't quite sure what to think, but Chloë really enjoyed seeing so many animals.

Chloë loved looking at the baby goat kids, and the piglets and rabbits. She was peering into a goat cage when a goat loudly bleated in her face. The poor kid was startled and started crying, and said "daddy goat too loud!"


Looking at a mama pig and her piglets.


Elaina seemed slightly interested in the goat kids.

After we looked at all of the animals, we headed towards all of the bright lights and rides. Bryan had suggested taking Chloë on the ferris wheel, but I wasn't sure how much she would like it. We stopped and watched a few of the smaller rides, and after a minute of watching an orbiting hot air balloon ride, she said "I want to do it!" I wasn't sure if she would be tall enough to qualify for the ride, so we had her stand next to the 36" measurement line, and the top of her head just barely reached the mark. So she and Bryan got on the ride.

She was really excited for the ride to begin.




I think the fair ride was the highlight of Chloë's entire week. She kept talking about it for the rest of the evening, and will occasional remind me how much fun she had. "I like the spinning ride! Uh, spinning and go so high! Was SO FUN!"

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the first picture of Chloe in the ride. Such a cheesy little grin!!!!


    ~Aimee~

    ReplyDelete